Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Madder "n Hell and I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore

I was going to sign off of this blog and try to get back into school and Church, but yesterday's elections, while sweet in our choice for President, really upset me on the local fronts.

1st Rant: The State of Arkansas

Thank you so much Mr. Jim Cox for telling me I am not fit to decide who raises my child if something should happen to me and my wife. How dare you! Your new adoption/foster care law has done just that. In essence, no matter what I think or believe, if I wanted my gay friends to take care of my son, too bad. Or my son's maternal grandmother for that matter, who is not gay but is living with a woman friend to help take care of her and share expenses, is unable to adopt my son now. So thank you oh so much, you and your fellow Arkansans who voted for this abomination are in the running for the Asshat of the Day Award.

All of this has been passed under the guise of "protecting the children." From what, Gay Cooties? Dear God people, do you think it's contageous or something? News flash Arkansas, gay and lesbian people are PEOPLE! They are not diseased, immoral, abominations or any other sick label you want to put on them! They are US!

2nd rant: The State of California

I expected better from you! I mean here in the buckle of the Bible Belt, our vote was not a real shocker, but you?

After so many people went and affirmed their love for eachother, you go and listen to a bunch of Right Wing Zealots who DON'T EVEN LIVE IN YOUR FRIGGIN' STATE! What are you, blind? At least Thomas believed when he saw! You have seen that the union of two people in holy matrimony regardless of who they are DOES NOT CHEAPEN THE MARRIAGE and yet you passed that HORRID ammendment! You now share the Asshat of the Day award, in a three way tie with...

3rd rant: The State of Florida:

See issues one and two. I thought you'd at least have some common sense, as the one "yankee" state in the south. And yet here you are, being just as biggoted as the rest. At least we got over the race thing. Join your fellow Asshats.

The simple fact remains, we CANNOT discriminate if we wish to be known as the land of the free, whether it is because of skin color, sexual orientation, sex, religion or nationality. If the election of Obama means anything, it is that we are bringing EVERYONE out of the margins. "We hold these truths to be self evident that ALL men are created equal". Jefferson was onto something there.

To add to Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., I have a dream, "...where all of God's children, black man and white man, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics" Gays and Straights,'will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old negro spiritual 'Free at last, free at last! Thank God Almighty, we're free at last!' " That is my dream.

1 comment:

susan s. said...

The mainest problem is the outlying areas. Cities voted against it. The central valley has a lot of bigots, one reason I enjoy living elsewhere now!