Friday, November 13, 2009

Day One at SSW

Whew... I'm beat. We left the house at 3:30am today and finally arrived at the Seminary at about 4:15pm. What was only supposed to be a 9 1/2 hour drive turned into over 12 hours. Murphy's corollary states that you should add at least 1 hour per child to any road trip you take.

So far everyone is friendly, even if we're only 10 minutes from that bastion of evil, University of Texas. I suppose I could still go to school here, but would have to wear Red and White every Saturday during football season.

All in all, day one looks good. We had a lot of good information thrown at our tired brains, the kids are worn out, and I am pooped. Tomorrow I meet with the financial aid advisor and see if we can squeak out the $1500 per month I am short should the Diocese of Arkansas decide I would be a suitable candidate for Holy Orders. We'll have to wait and see.

No comments: