Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And We're Back with the Asshat Award...


Today's Asshat award goes out to former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Gov. Huckabee's most recent case of athlete's tongue comes in a recent interview with a college newspaper. In this interview, he compared allowing gay marriage to "allowing drug use, incest and polygamy". He said:


"You don’t go ahead and accommodate every behavioral pattern that is against the ideal. That would be like saying, well, there are a lot of people who like to use drugs, so let’s go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, so we should accommodate them."


Further, his opinion on the "Don't ask/don't tell" rule in the military:


I wouldn’t support a repeal if I were commander-in-chief,” he said. “You don’t see foot soldiers out there demanding it. I’m not sure that’s the most important thing we ought to be doing for the military.”“[‘Don’t Ask Don’t Tell’] touches an extraordinarily small group of people,” Huckabee continued. He dismissed calls to amend the policy as “primarily a posturing point for political purposes,” and an attempt to “force something on the military that they themselves haven’t pushed that hard.


So, Gov. Huckabee... for political posturing and helping to spread a message of hate and discrimination, I dub you Asshat of the Day... Congratulations, Schmuck.


Quotes taken from The Hill .

3 comments:

the cajun said...

I'm happy to note that the words "asshat" and "schmuck" are not in the profanity category here. ;-)

Stumbled upon this post via Mad Priest's neighborhood. I like what I see here.

Leonard said...

EVERYtime I stumble upon the Governors Faux News Show I stop for a second...my mouth falls open with the seemingly common sense blunderheaded reasoning his, mostly white, audience laps up! I hope he runs for President again...¨fools names and fools faces often appear in public places.¨

Rev. Raggsdale said...

Welcome aboard, Cajun! Nice to have you stop by.

Leonardo: I try my best to ignore my former governor, but sometimes he just steps in it so deep. The sad thing is, he's one of the calmer bloviators on Faux Noose.