Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prayer Request

I just received this from The Vicar in the Wheat Fields:

Hey Hillbilly,

I am reaching out to you and your other followers with a request for prayer. As a Vicar out here in the flat but fertile lands of Kansas, I know how important it is to rely on our neighbors for help.

My friend is 21 years old and a third year student at Notre Dame. He is in trouble physically because of a virus. You can read about his struggle on
twitter.com/tedhodges. His mother is the one who updates the site. Please pray for his recovery and for his and his family's peace and spiritual strength.

God's blessings to you and yours,
Phyllis Flory+
Vicar in the Wheat Fields


Please keep Vicar's friend in your prayers today.

On a more personal note, I am asking for prayers as well. I just interviewed for a new position at the VA that I work at as an OIF/OEF coordinator (helping vets of Iraq and Afghanistan navigate the system, etc). I am really hoping I get this job.