Saturday, September 5, 2009

More Prayers Please

Mrs. H has been at the ER with Sprout since about 4:30 this morning.  I don't think it's anything serious, but that's the optimist in me.  She had a 100.8 fever this morning, and the discharge instructions said "if the baby has a fever over 100.4 call the Doctor." Long story short, the Dr. on call at the ER told her to bring Sprout in.  So far they've run tests for flu (negative), chest x-rays (clear), blood and urine cultures (pending) and such.  Her temp has hovered between 97.7 and 100 since she got there.  The doctor on call told Mrs. H that normal procedures for babies that small (I think they are treating her as a preemie, even though she was only 3 days early) is to admit for three days.  They have poor Sprout on all kinds of monitors and Mrs. H is at her wits end.  I of course am manning the fort and keeping Spud out of trouble at home, so I am getting all the news second hand.  Please keep Mrs. H and Sprout in your prayers today.

3 comments:

Lauralew said...

Prayers ascending. Hugs to all of you.

Grandmère Mimi said...

Many prayers for Sprout and her parents. Ah, it's so hard to see one of these little ones sick. Lord, bring healing.

Aghaveagh said...

Hoping that the Sprout and Mama are doing better!