And why progressive Christians need to be heard.
We progressives are guilty of not shouting loud enough in this state. Unfortunately, we either give up or move. Well I ain't moving just yet, and I ain't giving up either. As of today, I am declaring that I am a Christian and that I am:
1. For Same Sex Marriage.
2. For Adoption and Foster Care being done by any couples regardless of the couple's sexual orientation.
3. Against any government organization placing one religion, including my own, before another.
4. Against a litteral interpretation of the Bible as experienced in most churches in Arkansas.
5. Against the use of government funds to pay for religious activities.
6. Am Pro-Choice.
7. Am against the conflict in Iraq and refuse to bow to allegations that being against I am not "supporting the troops". As a former Navy Corpsman, I find this offensive.
8. Believe in a firm separation of Church and State that protects both government from religion and religion from government.
This is my stance, and I will not move.